Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

Woman in the Mirror

Woman in the Mirror


I look in the mirror and see a stranger

Rolls of fat

Sleepy eyes

Sadness

Darkness

Dried tears on my shoulders

 

I'm feeling deserted

Abandoned

Lost in my own home

Trying to navigate through quicksand

Unable to reach anyone

 

I'm lost for words

Not understanding

No comprehension

Trapped and lonely

 

I can't see the light

The tunnel is dark

The path twisting and turning

I can't discover where to go or how to…

Help myself

 

I'm scared

Not noticing myself in the mirror

Constantly lost

Always feeling like I'm on a roller-coaster

Can't see my future

Scared to let go and let god

 

I don't trust

Can't trust anyone to get close

Won't let anyone in to help

Constantly scratching at my skin

Trying to feel deep within

 

I'm broken

Perfect pieces laying on the floor

Stepped all over and shoved aside

 

I don't know her

That woman in the mirror

Who fell in love

Deserted by hope

Can't form the words to explain it all

Trapped in the light of uncertainty

Scared for myself and what's to come next

Not trusting my instincts anymore

Not trusting

Ultimately broken

Scared of the woman now looking at me in the mirror.

 

Copyright @2019

No comments:

Post a Comment