Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hoping for You


Thinking of you
And wishing for your happiness
Not understanding why
Your happiness wasn’t found in me

Was my heart not deep enough
Were my emotions not clear enough
Did I miscommunicate my intentions
Or were you just not paying attention

I’m missing what we shared when we were together
In tune with each other
Caressing each other’s egos
And complimenting one another

I don’t understand why
You can’t see how much you mean to me
Nor can I understand why you couldn’t see me
Or why you couldn’t picture the life we could have had

I’m holding on to the piece of my heart that is yours
Despite everything you were my first
And most likely my last
Wishing you could just see it for what it was

I don’t get it
Why are we apart
Why can’t we get it right
What is it about me that keeps you running

I am always drawn to you
Your voice, your touch, your presence
Missing all the things that make us wonderful
I’m missing us

I just can’t believe
That you and I are no longer
When we are so good for one another
It’s too hard to grasp and I don’t want to

I’m missing all that we are
Others can see it
We know it
But we just can’t get it right

I’ll hold you dear to my heart
Because you own it without even trying
I’m here waiting
Wishing on a star that’s too far away

Thinking of you
And hoping your finding your happiness
Knowing you will never have it completely
Because I am it and you’re not here to see it

Was my heart not deep enough
Were my emotions not clear enough
Did I miscommunicate my intentions
Or were you just too scared to accept it












© copyright 2012-12-17 15:09:12 - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment