Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2- What Made Me Think


What Made Me Think

What made me think that a weekend romance would turn into forever?
What made me think that I could fall in love with a simple first kiss?
I'm a realist. Beyond these fantasies. Yet I fell for them. I fell for you.

What made me think that I was the only one who captured your attention?
What made me think that you didn’t have these affairs all the time?
I'm not into one night stands or morning afters. 
I’m not into stolen moments or sweet surrenders.

What made me think that I could withstand the distance- again?
What made me think that the miles wouldn’t be our end? 
I thought I wasn't the type to wait
but I was kinda waiting for you... 
I'm not the type to sit around
day dreaming either but I did that too.

What made me think that your eyes were really sincere?
What made me think that your lips spoke the truth without fear?
I know that everything I felt was real and tangible.
I know that everything I said I really meant.

What made me think that this amazing, explosive kind of love actually existed?
What made me think that I would not fall and completely bump my head?
Well it is what it is and call me a fool.
I enjoyed every minute of it and now it’s cool. 
I'll be a fool and still remember the beauty that we shared.
I'll be the one holding on to those moments that can’t be compared.
I'll be the one waiting for the day you come back to me again.

What made me think this couldn’t work?
What made me think this wasn't right?
What made me think that this just might be what I had been waiting for?
I don’t know but Ill put in the time and effort and see.
I don’t know but it feels so good to me. 
I don’t know but I'm willing to find out for you.
I don’t know but I hope all my wishes come true.




© copyright 2013-04-02 13:45:12 - All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy and excited that your writing again. I miss your words and thoughts. Love you Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete