Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

I Want to Be (Day 1 of Poetry Month)


I Want to Be

I want to be the image that inspires your dreams at night.
I want to hear your voice as I watch the sunrise.
I want to be the nourishment that feeds your mind.
I want to be the energy that fuels your day. 
I want to be the break that inspires your work.
I want to be the reason you rush home after a long day.
I want to be the only woman you desire and crave for.
I want to be the freak that fulfills your fantasies.
I want to be the shoulder you lean on when you’re stressed.
I want to be the brickhouse you're proud to flaunt around your boys.
I want you be the woman you can't wait to take home to momma.
I want to be the foundation you build your future with.
I want to be the reason why you want to be romantic for the first time.
I want to be the thought that makes you smile for no apparent reason. 
I want to be the rhythm that makes you dance.
I want to be the answer to your questions.
I want to be the girl next door you always wanted.
I want to be your best friend, lover and partner. 
I want to be the woman you can see raising your children. 
I want to be the woman who draws your attention in a crowded room.
I want to be the damsel you would protect with your life.
I want to be the person whose sentences you complete.
I want to be the woman who captures your heart.
I want to be woman you need, not just want.
I want to be the woman who stands out in front of the rest. 
I want to be the woman you trust with your secrets.
I want to have the hand you find the perfect ring for. 
I want to be the One through better or worse, richer or poorer, to death do us part.
I want to be the One you make as your wife.




© copyright 2013-04-01 15:16:22 - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment